The Indian government has made FASTag mandatory to make toll payment at toll booths a hassle-free experience. To avail this, you must ensure to contact the bank authorised by the Indian government for the distribution of FASTag. You can also get FASTag at toll booths by submitting a copy of your valid identity documents and 4-wheeler’s RC (registration certificate) to the toll plaza’s representative. In case you are clueless about how to apply for FASTag through the online mode, read on to understand.
After you have shortlisted the bank or digital platform, ensure to keep certain documents handy before you hit on the FASTag apply online application form.
The documents you must keep handy to
· Vehicle registration certificate
· PAN card
· Aadhaar/ Driving licen
How to apply for FASTag online:
· Step no. 1 – Visit the official site of the bank that is authorised for FASTag
· Step no. 2 – Search and then click on the apply for FASTag option on the site’s homepage
· Step no. 3 – Input your mobile number and then the OTP that you will receive on your registered phone number
· Step no. 4 – Input your personal information like your name, email id, address, email id, etc., vehicle information like the vehicle type, registration number etc.
· Step no. 5 – Review all the filled details before final submission
· Step no. 6 – After you submit the application form on the online platform, you will get redirected to the payment gateway to pay for buying FASTag. Note that the costs differ from one issuer to another
· Step no. 7 – Save the FASTag receipt and payment receipt for future reference
After you buy FASTag, you will need to recharge the tag. There are various ways to conduct online FASTag recharge. These include –
- UPI handle
- Auto debit
- Net Banking
UPI handle –
For making the FASTag payment through the UPI handle, you must follow the below-mentioned steps –
Step no. 1 – Sign into your UPI app
Step no. 2 – Search for the FASTag option
Step no. 3 – Input your vehicle number
Step no. 4 – Authenticate your UPI ID
Step no. 5 – Add the amount you want to recharge
Step no. 6 – Validate the transaction by entering your UPI PIN
Auto deduction –
You can automate a standing instruction to your bank to automatically deduct the FASTag amount directly from your savings bank account. Check your issuer bank’s website for details.
Here in this step, you must input your login details. After this, you must add a ‘beneficiary’ with required details. After you have included your FASTag details, you may recharge it whenever you require it.
Net Banking –
You require your Net Banking credentials to recharge through this method. Login into your Net Banking account. Next, go to the recharge / FASTag option; input your FASTag wallet ID and the amount you would need to recharge. To make the payment, select your bank account and input the required details. Once done, your FASTag wallet will be recharged.
In today’s time, FASTag is a boon. Besides helping lower traffic jams at the toll booths, it even assists in saving fuel which, in turn, lowers pollution. Additionally, you get an email or SMS every time a toll charge is deducted from your account. This helps you keep complete track of how much you spent on the toll booths and accordingly recharge.