Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aims to provide housing facilities to Indian citizens by 2022. This government initiative allows applicants to enjoy a subsidy of up to 6.5% on housing loans with the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
Who is eligible for PMAY?
The following criteria have been set based on the income category of an individual to be eligible for PMAY scheme:
1. Economically Weaker Section – You need to have an annual income of Rs. 3 lakhs and below to quality for PMAY under this section.
2. Low-Income Group – You need to have an annual income of Rs. 6 lakhs and below to quality for PMAY under this group.
3. Mid-Income Group – You need to have an annual income of Rs. 12 lakhs and below for MIG-1, and Rs. 18 lakhs and below to qualify for MIG-2 under this group.
Documents needed for PMAY
- Identity proof – Check out the list of PMAY documents that are required for the identity proof of the applicant
- Aadhaar card copy and original of the applicant.
- PAN card copy and original of the applicant.
- Passport copy and original of the applicant.
- Driving license of the applicant.
- Any other photo ID card that has been issued by the government.
- Letter of identity proof verified by a gazetted officer, not older than 30 days.
- Address proof – Check out the list of documents that are needed for the identity proof of the applicant
- Passport copy and original of the applicant
- Aadhaar card copy and original of the applicant
- Ration card copy and original of the applicant
- Electricity bill, utility bill and telephone bill copy and original of the applicant
- Driving license copy and original of the applicant
- Rent agreement on stamp paper and/or copy of the purchase deal
- Employer or company letter on the company letterhead
- Property tax or municipality tax receipt
- A Life insurance policy that is displaying your address
- Foreign jurisdiction issued government documents or letter from a foreign embassy.
- License agreement or leave agreement from employers
- Savings account bank statement from Post Office
Other documents for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The PMAY scheme is also meant for applicants who are SC, ST and OBCs, senior citizens, widowed, etc. Apart from this standard set of identity and address proof document list, here are some other PMAY documents that special provisions like this would require, whichever is applicable to the applicant:
- Proof of age- The applicant’s birth certificate and school leaving certificate could be produced other than the basic Aadhaar, PAN, passport etc.
- Death certificate – If a widow is applying for the PMAY, a death certificate of the spouse is mandatory.
- Marriage Certificate
This housing scheme is one of the best initiatives by the government of India that aims to help the masses get affordable houses of their own. By keeping the above criteria in mind, you can apply in a hassle free manner.